Sunday 15 July 2012

(Westknits KAL Spoiler) First Day of Vacation

We are just enjoying our first morning in PEI - the home that my dad rented for us is absolutely amazing. It's the most beautiful home I've seen - it's a renovated farm house that is decorated beautifully. It's so comfortable - Greg and I have this cozy little room - reminds me of a bed and breakfast kind of room. This is the view from the balcony upstairs. We are staying in Park Corner, PEI not far from Cavendish - I love this island!


Today we are visiting Cows Creamery and going for a tour - this cow met us at the airport. That's Emma and my red headed nieces Tiana and Katy.

This is my favorite spot in the whole house - a window seat perfect for reading - can't wait to try it out.

This is the tv room - definitely not the focal point of the house - only room for 2 - which I love because we will most often have to find something else to do. See that knitting there - it's Westknits KAL - fun, fun!

This is how it looked when I boarded the plane and that little bit is how it looks now. I was ignoring all the comments about using German short rows instead of traditional wrap and turn but when I finally tried it I had to tear everything else out to redo all of them. Urrrr! It was one of those knitting moments when you know that if you don't rip and keep going it will bug you for the rest of the project.
We have lots of yarn for this KAL at the Yarn Store and especially now with all of the commercial yarns remaining on sale at 50% off. I'm using a self striping yarn in mine and we have some great choices in the store.
Here's what is still on sale until July 21!
Berocco
Katia
Rowan
SMC
Debbie Bliss
Diamond Yarns
Nova Yarns
Sublime
Sweater Kits
Online
Laines du Nord
Ella Rae
Lang
Jawoll
Classic Elite
Louisa Harding
Louet
Queensland Collection
and commercial balls of Sock Yarn
That means all the yarns that we have in stock by all of these companies - still lots of yarn! Yay!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment