Saturday 25 February 2012

What Is With The Weekend Weather?

Yesterday we were supposed to get a big storm - so big in fact, that York Region School Buses were cancelled which rarely happens. I know they check the weather around 6am and at the time it was snowing like crazy but at 8 am? Nothing - a few flakes maybe but nothing to speak of. Oh well, Emma loved the day off. And today, well it's a snowy mess out there again!

Something monumental has happened. I've long been enthralled with granny squares - bright, colorful, happy granny squares. However, that meant crochet which is something I was sure I could not learn. I am left handed so trying to figure out how to maneuver my right hand in that crazy - ok, well let's say intricate, not crazy - way was just too much for my wee brain. But I am happy to say that I seem to have conquered my own personal crochet demons and I present proof!

What is they say about a old dog and new tricks?

1 comment:

  1. Checking my blog ring and see that you have changed blog locations. Would you like to make THIS blog part of the Knitting in Ontario ring? And congrats on learning crochet. Isn't being left-handed such fun? (asks a southpaw married to another southpaw!)

    ReplyDelete